Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Canine Canned 354-370 g /PKG 12
Kidneys role is to filter waste and toxins from the blood, and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. As pets are getting older, damage to kidney tissues may occur. This process is irreversible, and will lead to further loss of kidney function. Renal dogs may also experience loss of appetite and their caloric intake might decline, which may lead eventually to loss of muscle mass.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet® k/d®, clinical nutrition to support your dog's kidney function and help sustain muscle mass. In fact, the nutrition of k/d is clinically tested nutrition to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How it works:
- Controlled phosphorus & low sodium
- Enhanced Appetite Trigger (E.A.T.)TM Technology for dogs
- High level of essential amino acids - the building blocks of muscle protein
- Therapeutic levels of L-Carnitine and Omega-3 fatty acids
How it helps:
- Supports your dog's natural ability to build lean muscle daily
- Enhances appetite & increases food intake
- Protects vital kidney & heart function
|Phosphorus & Sodium
|Help slow the progression of chronic kidney disease
|Essential Amino Acids
|More than 130% of AAFCO minimum to help the dog's natural ability to build muscle mass daily.
|Enhanced Appetite Trigger (E.A.T.)™ Technology for dogs.
|Stimulates appetite in renal dogs and increases caloric intake
|Helps support fat utilization as a source of energy, sparing muscles
|Defend cells from free radical oxidation, promoting a healthy immune system.
|Help compensate for urinary losses due to kidney disease.
|EPA/DHA fatty acids from fish oil
|Helps fight renal inflammation