Hill's Prescription Diet k/d + Mobility Canine Canned Chicken & Vegetable **Format Stew** 354 g/PKG 12
Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is a condition often associated with advanced age. According to recent data 1 out of 10 dogs will develop CKD in his lifetime. It is also common for senior dogs to develop other age-related conditions such as reduced mobility or cognitive dysfunction which can significantly impact the quality of life of both the pet and the pet parent.
Studies have also shown that 80% of dogs greater than 8 years of age suffer from degenerative joint disease (DJD). Other data shows that 50% of dogs over 11 years of age display at least one sign of cognitive decline. Nutrition can play a key role in managing these age-related conditions. That is why Hill’s nutritionists and veterinarians developed new Prescription Diet® k/d®+Mobility for dogs. This clinical nutrition not only supports your dog's kidney function, but also helps to improve his mobility and increase his cognitive alertness and vitality.
In fact, the nutrition of k/d is clinically tested to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How it works:
- Controlled phosphorus & low sodium
- High level of essential amino acids for building muscle protein
- Therapeutic levels of omega-3 fatty acids (EPA/ DHA) to improve joint function
- Enriched with glucosamine & chondroitin sulfate
- Clinically proven antioxidants
How it helps:
- Protects vital kidney & heart function
- Formulated to improve your dog’s ability to run, walk and jump in as little as 21 days
- Supports your dog's natural ability to build lean muscle daily
- Formulated to increase vitality & alertness in older dogs
|Feature / Nutrient||Level||Benefit|
|Phosphorus||Reduced||Helps slow the progression of renal disease|
|Essential Amino Acids||Increased||More than 130% of AAFCO minimum to help the dog's natural ability to build muscle mass daily|
|Sodium||Reduced||Helps control clinical signs associated with ascites / edema and hypertension|
|L-Carnitine||Added||Helps support fat utilization as a source of energy, sparing muscles|
|EPA/DHA fatty acids from fish oil||Added||Helps fight kidney and joint inflammation|
|Glucosamine & chondroitin sulfate||Added||Provides building blocks for cartilage repair|
|Antioxidants & B-complex vitamins||Added||Promotes healthy immune system and brain function|