Hill's Prescription Diet u/d Canine Canned 370 g /PKGX12
Bladder stones are collections of mineral crystals that combine together in the urinary tract. They can cause discomfort and lead to more serious problems that require the care of a veterinarian.
Because the food your dog eats plays an important role in his or her overall health and well-being, Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help support your dog's bladder health.
Dogs need the right balance of minerals to maintain good bladder health. Excess minerals can encourage the formation of crystals in the urine, which can lead to the creation of bladder stones.
How it works:
- Controlled levels of high quality, highly digestible protein
- Low sodium & calcium
- Promotes desirable urine pH
- Enriched with taurine, L-carnitine & antioxidants
How it helps:
- Reduces the risk of non-struvite stone formation
- Supports vital kidney function
- Supports a healthy immune system
Bladder Health Warning Signs
- Incontinence or accidents
- Urinating in new or unusual places
- Frequent attempts to urinate, without producing much urine
- Straining to urinate
- Behavior changes such as restless, listlessness or loss of interest in usual activities
- Refusing to eat or reduced appetite
- Licking around the urinary opening
|Along with certain amino acids and nucleic acids, this combination results in decreased urinary concentrations of stone-forming constituents.
|Target Urinary pH
|7.1 -- 7.7
|Icreases the solubility of non-struvite crystals
|Help maintain normal heart muscle function..
|Dietary Buffering Capacity
|Helps counteract the tendency for metabolic acidosis, a common complication of kidney failure, and helps lessen muscle wasting.
|Supports kidney health
|Defend cells from free radicals, promoting a healthy immune system.